It’s already October, and before you know it, holiday season will be upon us. It’s never a bad idea to get a head start on holiday gift shopping, and it will make the holidays a little less hectic. Have friends or family members that are avid runners? It may seem hard to find gift ideas for runners, or maybe you feel like you’ve exhausted all of the typical ideas. If you’re stumped on what to get your favorite runners, check out the list below for some fun and unique gift ideas you might not have thought of.
Gift Ideas for Runners:
- Car Running Decals – You’ve probably seen stickers on car windows or bumpers before recognizing the long-distance running achievements of the driver. Car decals are a great way to celebrate the accomplishments of your running friends. Know someone who completed their first marathon? Or perhaps their first half marathon? Get a 26.2 or 13.1 decal for cars to show your support!
- Fun Runners Socks – Socks might seem like a boring gift, but if you ask anyone who runs, they’ll tell you that it’s hard to have too many socks. Running socks come in a wide variety of colors and designs, making them an even more exciting present. Try looking for socks with their favorite animal or color, or special holiday-themed socks.
- Touch Screen Running Gloves – Many runners like to take their iPod or iPhone with them when they jog for a little motivational music. As it starts to get colder, many runners are also breaking out their gloves, making it difficult to work a touch screen device. Touch screen running gloves are the perfect solution. Special material on the finger tips allows a runner to work their touch screen device while keeping their fingers warm.
- Winter Shoe Treads – When the snow and ice arrive, running can become quite hazardous. Get your friends and family running treads this winter to keep them from slipping on their routine jog. Snow treads go on the bottom of running shoes and are easy to put on and take off. With special metal treads embedded in them, these useful running tools ensure a safe, slip-free running experience no matter the road conditions.
- Running Sleeves – As the seasons change, it can be difficult to know what to wear while running to keep warm but not over heat. Running sleeves offer a solution. These sleeves can easily be pulled up over the arms to keep them warm, but can also be easily removed if they become too toasty. Running sleeves are an easy, lightweight alternative to bringing extra layers on a jog.
If you’re stumped on what to get your runner friends or family members for gifts this year, consider one of these great gift ideas for runners. They are all fun, easy to find and affordable, and they’re sure to be appreciated by the runner in your life.