The ministry of youth affairs and sports support children and the involvement of sports. This ministry of youth affairs and sports helps to get children involved in sports such as soccer to keep them off the streets, or getting into trouble. Instead the kids are finding something that they enjoy and it gives the something to do after school and during the summer such as soccer camp. The focus of the ministry of youth affairs and sports is to offer any interested children the opportunity to learn and enjoy sports in a fun, supportive, and safe environment conducive to developing both athletic and team skills. Approximately 3.9 million children in America play soccer in the United States which is in large part due to the ministry of youth affairs and sports. An average of 13 million Americans in general play soccer in the United States.
The ministry of youth affairs and sports feel that youth soccer camps help keep children in shape and outside, instead of in front of a TV or computer screen. During an average soccer game, a professional soccer player runs 3.9 miles. Often times summer soccer camp is run through a local church or organization that supports the soccer team. In the United States, soccer is the third most popular played team sport.
Some other facts about soccer:
* The World Cup is the biggest soccer tournament in the world held every four years
* The first World Cup was held in 1930
* The first live coverages of a soccer match on TV occurred in 1937
* Approximately 80% of the world’s soccer balls are made in Pakistan
* The “buckyball” pattern of the soccer ball was designed in the 60s by Buckminster Fuller
* The average sized soccer field is 50 to 100 yards wide and 100 to 130 yards long
Helpful info also found here: www.maisoccer.com